- Solar Capacity: 20W
- Power Output: USB
- Ideal for: Sherpa 50/100, Yeti 150/400
- Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg)
- Chainable: Yes
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline
Our largest foldable panel ensures you're collecting the most power from the sun for your gear. Utilize the built-in USB port or pair with a Goal Zero portable power pack to charge your gear day or night.
WHAT CAN THE NOMAD 20 SOLAR PANEL CHARGE?
The solar panel does not hold a charge it produces power when it is exposed to sunlight. You can store the power it produces in a portable recharger. The Nomad 20 can be used to power any Goal Zero recharger.
WHAT GOAL ZERO PRODUCTS WORK BEST WITH THE NOMAD 20?
The Nomad 20 can be used to power any Goal Zero recharger. For the amount of Watts it gives, it will be most effective with the Sherpa 50, Sherpa 100, Yeti 150 & Yeti 400.
DOES THE NOMAD 20 GIVE A FULL 20 WATTS?
It delivers up to 20 Watts of power, but the angle of the panels and the cloud coverage can impact its performance. Avoid the shade. It will not work indoors.
- Q: Does the Nomad 20 Solar Panel hold a charge?
- A: No, the panel produces power only when exposed to sunlight. To generate the most power, angle the panel toward the sun. This improves your ability to collect power from the sun. Clouds and windows affect collection efficiency. If you would like to store power, combine the Nomad 20 with a Goal Zero power pack.
- Q: What can I charge directly from the Nomad 20 Solar Panel?
- A: USB and 12V devices like cellphones, GPS and iPods as well as Goal Zero Power Packs and Solar Generators. You can plug in a 12V device and USB device at the same time, however, you will slow down the charge time for both devices.
- Q: Is the Nomad 20 Solar Panel waterproof?
- A: It is very weather-resistant and will not be harmed if exposed to rain or snow.
- Q: Why am I having trouble charging by cellphone from the Nomad 20 Solar Panel?
- A: Some phones require very specific and constant power. Try changing the angle of your panel and re-plugging in your phone. Most charging issues are overcome by incorporating a Goal Zero portable power pack.
- Q: Can I chain multiple solar panels together?
A: Yes. Chaining additional solar panels is a great way to charge your device from the sun in less time. You can chain up to four solar panels at once.
User Manual: Download Here
Solar Charging Time Chart: Download Here
Charging Times and Power Output Chart: Download Here